This recipe makes for the perfect low-carb, healthy meal prep for when you are on the go and need something quick for breakfast, a snack or light lunch. Simply combine the minimal ingredients together, bake and slice and you are ready to go.
The ‘secret’ ingredient here is cottage cheese. This light, mild and creamy cheese gives the quiche some extra body and a lovely texture. I make a lot of dishes with cottage cheese because it’s so versatile, but this one is right up there with my favorite keto cottage cheese recipes.
What’s in this keto quiche?
This keto crustless quiche recipe is made up of cottage cheese, egg whites, ham and cheddar cheese for sources of protein and fat, with the addition of broccoli and seasonings.
The cottage cheese adds a good dose of protein without upping the fat content too much. It’s perfect if you’re looking to hit your protein target for the day without blowing out your calories!
What substitutions can you make?
Other cheeses such as mozzarella can be used in place of cheddar in this recipe. Additionally, you can swap the broccoli out for any other low-carb vegetables such as zucchini or capsicum. Extra seasonings such as your mixed herbs or chilli flakes also work great in this recipe.
Keto Quiche No Crust Storage Suggestions
This recipe will store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply slice and warm in the microwave. It can also be eaten cold if you like.
Simple Keto Quiche No Crust
- 1 Baking or pie dish
- 1 Large mixing bowl
- 1 cup Cottage cheese (4% or more is great)
- 2 cups Egg whites
- 1/2 cup Broccoli (steamed or boiled and then diced)
- 1/2 cup Ham (diced)
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese (reduced fat if possible; shredded)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (375 degrees fan forced)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
- Spray 9½-inch pie dish with non stick cooking spray and pour ingredients in
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until the centre is set