These keto cottage cheese broccoli balls are the ultimate healthy, low-carb snack or lunch recipe that will perfectly fit within your keto diet. They’re a cheesy, moreish snack that is made up of cottage cheese, broccoli, mozzarella and seasonings. They’re rolled in an almond flour and flaxseed meal mix and then baked until golden and crisp, and perfectly paired with tahini dip.
The cottage cheese makes them deliciously filling and provides a good dose of protein without adding too much additional fat. Definitely one of my favorite keto cottage cheese recipes!
How many carbs are in these keto broccoli and cottage cheese balls?
Each broccoli and cheese ball has about 1.8g of net carbs. Keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, and grab a couple out when you need a little pick me up. I pop them in the microwave for just 10 – 20 seconds, and they’re absolutely delicious! I’ve made them for my nieces and nephews and they loved them – despite the broccoli content!
How do you make the coating properly?
The coating is make up of a mixture of almond flour and flaxseed meal. The coating will work best if the mixture is nice and fine, with a similar texture to sand, making it easy to coat the balls. If you find that your coating mixture is too coarse, you can simply blitz lightly in a food processor.
What’s in the keto tahini dip?
The tahini dip is made up of tahini, lemon, garlic, salt and pepper, creating the perfect flavor balance. Add as little or as much water as you like to the dip to help you achieve your desired consistency.
See also: Keto Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowl
Keto Cottage Cheese Broccoli Balls with Tahini Dip
For the cottage cheese balls
- 2 cups Broccoli (cut into florets and drained / washed)
- 75 g Cottage cheese (4.5% fat is best)
- 100 g Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Paprika powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Dried oregano powder
- 1 large Egg
For the Tahini Dip
- 6 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Water (or enough to thin the dip down if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (about 400˚ fan forced)
- Wash the broccoli florets and cook them in salted boiling water for 5-7 minutes. Once cooked, dip them in a bowl of cold water, this helps to retain the green colour.
- Drain the excess water from the broccoli florets and chop them finely
- In a bowl add finely chopped broccoli, grated cottage cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, egg, garlic powder, salt, black pepper powder, paprika powder and dried oregano powder and mix well.
- In another bowl, add the almond flour and flaxseed meal and mix them well
- Divide the broccoli mixture into equal parts and keeping them between your palms roll each one of them them into round balls
- Dip these broccoli cottage cheese balls into the almond flour and flaxseed meal mixture and roll them well so that the almond flour and flaxseed meal mixture gets evenly coated over the balls on all sides
- Line a baking sheet over a roasting tray and evenly place the broccoli cottage cheese balls. Spray with olive oil spray and bake it for 20-25 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Combine all the ingredients for the tahini dip and mix well. Serve the broccoli cottage cheese balls with the tahini dip.